Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Type of Information Collected by CWE
The kinds of personal information we collect and store about our customers include (amongst other things):
- Personal information you provide us as part of assisting you with your finance requirements. This information may include information and supporting documentation relating to your name, past and current addresses, telephone number, email address, date of birth, past and current occupations;
- Credit information, supporting documentation and credit search results required in order to assess your eligibility to obtain financial products including credit history, income tax details, account details, outstanding debts and liabilities, expenses, earnings, repayment history and tax file number;
- Communication between you and CWE, finance service providers, and where applicable your employers and credit agencies.
- Some telephone conversations which may be recorded from time to time for quality and training purposes.
If you are applying for finance we may also be required by the financiers to collect some personal information regarding your dependants, including number and ages of dependants, as well as cohabitants, their relationship to you and the length of time they have cohabitated at your current address.
How your personal information will be used
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities which include, amongst other things:
- Assisting you with your finance requirements;
- To keep you informed of our products and services and any changes to our organisation;
- To facilitate contact with you;
- Confirming your identity (eg. when you wish to use our products or services);
- Addressing any feedback or complaints or queries you may have;
- Any purposes for which it was requested and directly related purposes, monitoring and developing, improving and marketing our products and services; and
- To comply with any mandatory requirement of law.
Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
The organisations we may disclose your personal information to include:
- Finance providers or other intermediaries as part of assisting you with your financial requirements;
- Anybody who represents you including financiers, brokers, lawyers and accountants;
- Your past and current employers, referees, identity verification services;
- Our related companies, business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- Organisations involved in any possible future transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business;
- To our professional advisors, relevant contractors and service providers;
- Our national cloud storage and IT service providers;
- Others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- To any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current financial information, any changes to CWE, new product offers by CWE or any company with whom we are associated. We may from time to time use third party businesses to assist us in managing your account for these purposes.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting us on 07 5676 5012 or writing to us at Privacy Officer, CWE, PO Box 536, Varsity Lakes, QLD 4227. If the direct marketing is received by email or text message you may also use the unsubscribe function. We will not charge you for giving effect to that request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible convenience.
Collection of other information
If you visit our website, some of the information we and/or our contractors/service providers collect about your visit to our website is not personal information because it does not reveal your identity. Information gathered when you visit our website includes your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of Internet browser you used.
How safe and secure is your personal information we hold?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment. We may store your personal information in paper and electronic format and may rely on cloud storage or IT service providers to support our services. These external service providers will similarly be required to comply with the privacy requirements.
Access and correction of your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know in writing:
CWE Finance Group
PO Box 536
Varsity Lakes QLD 4227
Help us to keep your information up to date
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That is why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep us up to date with changes to personal information especially contact details. You can update your details at any time:
In writing: PO Box 536, Varsity Lakes, QLD, 4227
Phone: 07 5676 5012 Email: enquiries@ChevronEquipment.com
Other website matters
When you use the Internet, you are using facilities that are beyond our control and there are risks associated with transferring data.
Any personal information that we hold about you in our computer systems is made more secure from unauthorised access by a range of internal security mechanisms and procedures.
If you become aware of any security breach however, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Third Party Web Pages
If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information or have a complaint generally about our compliance with the Privacy laws, you may contact our complaints officer, on 07 5676 5012 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will take all reasonable steps to promptly deal with your complaint in accordance with our internal complaints handling procedures.
If you however remain dissatisfied with the response of our complaints officer you may make a complaint to the Privacy
Commissioner which can be contacted on either www.oaic.gov.au or 1300 363 992.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://chevronequipment.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.